|Home Partnership Products Glossary Dissemination Additional links Contact Forum|
Institute for Sustainable Technologies - National Research Institute
The Institute for Sustainable Technologies - National Research Institute in Radom is a state-owned research and development institute conducting basic and applied research and implementation in the field of advanced technologies related to machines construction and maintenance, materials engineering, environmental protection, systems engineering, scientific research methodology and continuing education at all the levels of vocational education.
The Institute was established by the decision of the Council of Ministers (no. 31/86 dated on 15 March 1986); and, at the beginning, it operated as the Scientific Centre of Fixed Assets Maintenance (MCNEMT). In 1994, it was transformed into The Institute for Sustainable Technologies; and, on 2 November 2004 as the third unit in Poland, the Institute was awarded the status of National Research Institute.
Work Pedagogy of Innovative Economy Centre is an integral part of the Institute and it develops merit bases for continuing education and development at all the levels of vocational education. Research on the work environment, vocational and lifelong learning, design of innovative curricula and teaching materials conducted for over 20 years within wide international cooperation led to the establishment of a scientific centre for work pedagogy recognised in Poland and abroad. Within the structure of the centre, there are The Vocational Education Research Department and The Continuing Education Department.
Special field of interest for transnational (international) projects:
- New skills and qualifications of teachers and trainers supporting continuing education development.
- Complex teaching-learning with the use of flexible technologies of vocational education and training.
- Development of procedures for evaluation and assessment of vocational education and training.
- Flexibility, transferability, mobility as targets of vocational education and training.
- Qualification requirements and vocational qualifications comparison in an integrated Europe.
- Methods and procedures of vocational qualifications accreditation at the European labour market.
- Tools and methods of quality assurance in forming vocational qualifications in co-operation between educational institutions and enterprises.
- Comparativeness of vocational qualifications on the Polish and European labour market.
- The acquisition of new professional qualifications based on European Standards of Competence.
A symbiosis between research on advanced, high technologies and research on work environment and vocational education has been created in the Institute. The Centre introduced the engineering methods of research as well as system organisation and obtained high efficiency, correlation of work environment research, work results with needs, content, and the quality of vocational education.
The Centre consolidates Polish and European vocational education research by coordination of domestic and international research projects (50 projects under the Leonardo da Vinci, Socrates, Jean Monnet, COST, PHARE, eLearning programmes). The Centre builds up the European cooperation networks (Polish and European Network for Modular Education) and collaborates with the European Association for Education of Adults, ReferNet - the European Network of Reference and Experience, IGIP, EVBB, 21 schools of higher education and scientific and research institutes, more than 100 vocational schools of different levels and more than 1 000 enterprises.
Our journals: Edukacja Ustawiczna Dorosłych - Polish Journal of Continuing Education; Pedagogika Pracy - Labour Pedagogy and a series: Biblioteka Pedagogiki Pracy - Library of Labour Pedagogy.
We are proposing cooperation with our specialist teams: the Team for Work and Professional Qualification Research, the Team for the European Systems of Education, the Team for HR Development and the Team for IT Education.